These links are to assist you find additional resources in dealing with dystonia. Below are associations relavent to work being done in Ireland in support of neurological conditions both for people affected and professionals. More links are listed to the right.
Neurological Alliance of Ireland
The Neurological Alliance of Ireland (NAI) is an alliance/umbrella group of voluntary organisations, professionals and other interested parties – together representing the views and concerns of those whose lives are affected by neurological conditions.
The aims of the NAI are:
- To secure improved care and services for people with neurological conditions, their families and careers;
- To promote understanding of neurological conditions and their implications;
- To inform and influence policy makers about the needs of people with neurological conditions and the issues that affect them;
- To promote and facilitate the collaboration on models of care and research;
- To share information and provide mutual support for members;
- To represent the views and concerns of ALL involved in the support of people with neurological and related conditions.
Coleraine House, Coleraine Street
Phone: 872 41 20
Irish Institute for Clinical Neurosciences (IICN)
The Irish Institute of Clinical Neuroscience (IICN) aims to promote the academic clinical neurosciences in the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland. It organises academic meetings where teaching is carried out and where findings from neuroscience research are presented.
The aims of the IICN are:
- To provide up-to-date information on the clinical neurosciences on the island of Ireland;
- To support the members and their trainees in their research and academic activities;
- To promote the availability of high standard clinical neuroscience services on the island of Ireland;
- To advocate on behalf of patients and their support groups;
- To collaborate with Irish neuroscientists working in other countries.
- Assist Ireland is a comprehensive database of information on assistive technology for people with disabilities, developed by Comhairle in partnership with the Central Remedial Clinic (CRC), Enable Ireland and Cheshire Ireland. This online resource provides information on products, suppliers, entitlements, and signposts relevant links to service providers, relevant statutory services and organisations representing and working with disability.